Sorry, we cannot find {{term}}. Please, try again.
Shareholder Information
Date Document title PDF
Regus Audit Committee Guidelines Print
Regus Nomination Committee Guidelines Print
Regus Remuneration Committee Guidelines Print
Remuneration Statement
Date Document title PDF
03/11/2015 Remuneration Statement Print

What is a Registrar?

Your shareholding in Regus is recorded on a register of shareholders. The register is a list of the names and addresses of all Regus shareholders and the number of shares each owns. The register is maintained on behalf of the company by Capita Registrars ('the Registrar'). The Regus Registrar updates the register when your personal circumstances or shareholding change, and also sends out your dividend cheques and share certificates.

By law, the register is a public document which the Registrar must make available for inspection when requested. A request must contain the name and address of the person seeking access, a statement of what the information will be used for, whether it will be shared with anyone else and if so, to whom and for what purpose. Regus will not provide details of any individual shareholder to third parties, beyond our legal obligations to do so.

What should I do with my share certificate?

Share certificates are evidence of your ownership and should be kept in a safe place. You will need them if you want to sell all or some of your shares in the future. We recommend that you keep a separate record of the certificate numbers and the number of shares each certificate covers in case of loss or damage. Share certificates are posted to shareholders at their own risk.

What do I need to do if I move home?

If you move home you will need to inform our registrars of your new address. If you are registered on the Capita Share portal ( you can tell them your new address by logging into your Portfolio. You will need:

  • shareholder's full name and current registered address
  • shareholder Investor Code

You will find both of these on a share certificate, recent dividend voucher or any of our other correspondence.

Alternatively, you can complete a change of address form which can be found on their website, (Please note: this link will open the page in a new browser window.) under 'Shareholders and Employees', then 'Leaflets and Forms'. Once you have completed and signed the form, please return it to Capita by post to Capita Registrars, The Registry, 34 Beckenham Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 4TU.

What do I need to do if I change my name?

If you change your name, please write to our registrars with details of your new name and previous name. You should attach a certified copy of your marriage certificate or your change of name deed together with your share certificate(s) and any unpaid dividend cheques in your old name. The registrars will then reissue them. If you have also changed your address, see 'What do I need to do if I move home?'.

How do I report the death of a registered holder?

If you are administering an estate, you may need to transfer the shares into the names of the beneficiaries or sell the holding.

The first step is to write to our registrar at:

Capita Registrars, The Registry, 34 Beckenham Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 4TU

They will then place a temporary marker on the register to ensure that wherever possible, they do not issue further dividend payments in the shareholder's name. They will also send you the forms that you will need to complete. Please contact our registrars in writing or by phone so they can guide you through the process.

I've lost my dividend cheque - how do I get a replacement?

If you lose a dividend cheque before you have had a chance to pay it into your bank account, please contact our registrars in writing. Capita will then be able to reissue you with a replacement cheque. Please note that there may be an administration charge.

My dividend cheque is out of date.

If you send the out-of-date cheque to our registrars they will reissue it. You may have to pay an administration fee.

Can I have my dividends paid into my bank account?

This is possible with most bank or building society accounts in the UK. It is sometimes referred to as a 'payment instruction' or 'dividend mandate'. Mandating your dividends is easy - the dividend will go into your account on the payment date and tax information about the dividend will be sent to you at your registered address.

If you are registered on the Capita Shareportal, you can give your instructions online.

If you would prefer to send written instructions, or your holding is in joint names or is a corporate holding, just print out the dividend instruction form from the "forms" link, complete it and post it to our registrar.

They will do everything to register your mandate request in time for the next dividend. However entitlement to a dividend is usually calculated one or two months before the dividend is actually paid. If your request is received after this time, you will receive your dividend by your existing payment method, but they will ensure that your instruction is registered for the subsequent payment.

Shareholders domiciled outside the UK should go to under "shareholders and employees", International Payments to down load an appropriate mandate form for the country in which you live.

Can I take my dividends as shares rather than cash?

Currently there is no option to do this.

What do the terms 'ex dividend' and 'record date' mean?

Before announcing each dividend and in consultation with the London Stock Exchange, we set a date on which our shares will be sold without entitlement to the dividend. This is known as going 'ex-dividend'. Before that date they are said to be 'cum dividend'.

If you buy shares before the ex-dividend date you are therefore entitled to receive the dividend recently announced. If you buy on or after that date, in the ex-dividend period, that dividend is payable to the previous owner.

The dividend is paid to shareholders based on the number of shares held on the share register at the deadline ('record date'). The record date is currently two days after the ex-dividend date. If you receive a dividend having recently sold your shares and are unsure whether you are entitled to it, contact the agent who acted on your behalf in the sale. Depending on the terms of the sale, the dividend may be due to the new owner.

How do I transfer my shares to a friend or relation?

If you want to give or sell your shares to someone you know, you can transfer your holding using a 'stock transfer form'. This form can be downloaded from our Registrar's website (Please note: this link will open the page in a new browser window.) under ‘Leaflets and Forms’. Once you have completed and signed the form, please return it to Capita Registrars by post.

My share certificate has been lost/stolen - how do I get a replacement?

If you have lost your share certificate you will need to inform our registrars as soon as possible. This can be done by telephone or in writing. Capita will then be able to guide you through the process of obtaining a duplicate certificate. Depending on the value of the shares represented by the share certificate, a fee may be payable.

If your share certificate has been stolen you will need to contact the police and obtain a crime reference number. Once this has been obtained please write to Capita advising of the theft and quoting the crime reference number. Capita will then guide you through the procedure.